Thursday, August 1, 2013

Funfetti Cake with Strawberry Buttercream


  


I've known my best friend for fifteen whole years now! Not a waking moment of my childhood and teenage years were spent without her. Sadly we don't get to spend nearly as much time with each other now days, too busy trying to make that paper, get an edjimacation, deal with the shitty responsibilities of adulthood. But you can never be too busy for birthdays! Skipping out on a friend's birthday is a cardinal sin in girl code and is unforgivable. So in honor of little miss MILF is a homemade funfetti cake! Who's going to hate on funfetti? No one that's who.

Love ya Cass! <3

What you know about alfresco cake eating?




For the recipe, I used Sweetapolita's Funfetti layer cake with whipped vanilla frosting which can be found here. I followed both recipes to a T with the exception of adding fresh strawberry puree to the frosting along with a good sprinkling of salt (I like my frosting with a salty bite, it's amazing!). The puree was added in somewhat slowly during step 10 in the directions, as to not change the butter's whipped consistency.

Now devour with zero guilt.





No comments:

Post a Comment